Long time no post!
Two whole weeks! And 2014 isn’t here to play oh, January moved fast!
Between MTN & Etisalat, my internet situation was a little complicated but it’s all good now. I’ll be up to regular posting from Monday, but for now, this is a quick update post, just to check-in.
1. The Kink and I just reached the 50 follower milestone on Bloglovin’! Wow. Thank you everyone, for reading and commenting and subscribing! Thank you SO much 🙂
2. I got ombre box braids (black, with brown highlights) and they only lasted 2 weeks.
Or should I say, I could only stand them for two weeks. Before them, the last time I used braiding hair that wasn’t kinky was October 2012. And even then, it was alright. But these braids my friends, were looking really old and raggedy in such a short time. I was sad to see them go- good money and time and 5 packs of hair wasted- I hadn’t even been able to do shakara properly. It just seemed a little silly to have super long waist-hip length braids that were really untidy where it mattered. I’m still wondering if it was my fault or the hairdressers’? AND. Calabar doesn’t know it’s supposed to be Harmattan. No chill whatsoever, it is. so. hot! I’ll be back to this style in a few months, hopefully, with much better luck.
3. My hair is super soft as I write this. I just co-washed and yes, it was super-soft albeit a little greasy before I washed. BUT. The Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner is truly worth the hype. There’s no difference between 700 naira Suave Naturals conditioner and the cheapey cheapey 250 naira Hair Fruits conditioner. But this. THIS is a moisturising conditioner!!
4. A Test of Two Leave-In Conditioners
Thursday was Wash day and after all the senrenren, I left my hair to air-dry in twists. But before the twists, I moisturised one half of my head with Jack 5ive Curl Activator and the other half with the Cantu Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream– to see which was better. I unraveled the twists today just before I went for a walk and voila, no side was more moisturised than the other. My hair was all nice and soft and fluffy. A little greasy though (I sealed with coconut oil and appaz, I used more than I thought I did!)
I walked a good deal of Marian road and Old Ikang this evening (any Calabar curlies in the building?). I can’t wait till my hair starts to hang. Shorter hair makes the absence of a comb much more obvious, but abeg. I didn’t die today, and I’d happily do it again.
7. Going off now to moisturise & seal and beg my roommate to thread my hair in preparation for another salon visit tomorrow. I dare you ’fro, to not dry before tomorrow afternoon! ( ._.)
I’m getting my hair did, no extensions this time. I’ll keep you posted!