Last week was kind of rough. I was in a very thick funk. Over the weekend, in my quiet moments, I was reminded that happiness is still a choice.
I wasn’t unhappy because I had malaria, or because the roads were extra extra stressful. It was because I was so focused on the bad.
A new week is here, and I’m determined to be happy in it, be thankful for it. Here are some of the things I’m happy about today:
- In today’s traffic, I got to watch the Lagos sky light up, and it was beautiful.
- Lagos traffic is theeee absolute wurst, (yes I said wurst!) but at least, I get to suffer it in some comfort.
- The gift of music. Another thing that gets me through. 🙂
- Good health is a gift, y’all. Last week I had malaria, but now I am well. When I was doing my chores on Saturday, my body was so happy to be moving, bending, doing things without feeling heavy, slow or woozy.
- Family. My house is a busy place. Always a lot of people coming and going, though the permanent residents of the house are actually just 3. I may not like it all the time, but I’m thankful for them. Some people’s family stories are like Nollywood scripts, and many are too scared to really be around their own relatives and family friends.
- All the love I have in my life. ❤
- It’s my parents’ wedding anniversary! 24 years of marriage, and almost a decade before that! 🙂
- MeeMee got her work visa approved! This is particularly amazing because she studied (and has fallen in love with) one of those things that would be useless in Nigeria, 2015. Not useless o, Nigeria needs people like her- but have you seen any openings for Bio-ethicists on Jobberman lately? It’s really wonderful that she gets to work in her chosen field. This gift is one so many people take for granted.
- My cousin (he’s 13 months old) is finally learning to trust his own two legs and I’m finding it so amazing to watch. :’)
- My favourite song at the moment- Applaudise by Iyanya. I’ve played it so much, my CD will soon scratch, haha!
Over to you. What are you thankful for?
You don’t have to share it with me, but I’d like you to make your own list too. 🙂