For those of you who have followed The Kink and I from way back when, you will notice that the content has evolved as AB’s (and my) hair has evolved. We do not want our darling newbies to feel out of their depths, though. Below are top 10 tips for you to keep in mind as you go back to natural that AB had posted back in 2013! Continue reading
The Maximum Hydration Method is a hair regimen designed by a naturalista like you and I. (I don’t know her name, if you do, please let me know so I can give her credit, but I think she’s active on Black Hair Media forum as pinkecube) This regimen is quite similar to the Curly Girl method. She says that following her regimen will put your Type 4 hair in a super super hydrated state, and this super maximum hydration will translate to curl definition, and more. This routine is ideal for Type 4 hair, especially if it’s low porosity, but you’re welcome to try it even if you’re a high porosity girl.
- Root to Tip definition on Product-free hair
- Root to Tip definition in Wash & Go’s
- Styles last longer and come out more defined and easy to separate
- Super soft, pliable hair
- Detangling is easier
- Split ends and Single Strand Knots (SSKs) rarely occur
- Moveable, shakeable hair even when dry
- Use less product to style.