Happy Independence Day, my fellow Nigerians!
Like play like play, we’ve entered the final quarter of year 2014. Can you believe it?
In two weeks, I’ll be done with NYSC. It’s nice to move on but, where did the year go?
Anyway. This is not why we are here!
Today, I’m here to sing the praises of my favourite conditioner (for co-washing), the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturising Conditioner. This is probably not the first time I’ve talked about Hello Hydration on the blog, and I actually thought I’d reviewed it before, but I hadn’t. So here I am now. 🙂
I started using this in January to see what the hype was about. Since then I have restocked twice so I can tell you from my experience that the hype is well deserved. MeeMee agrees, and so does my roommate. Continue reading
Today I’m reviewing a product you’ve most likely seen before (if you live in Nigeria, that is). Organics Hair Mayonnaise isn’t hard to find. I got a tub in January at Enumex Cosmetics here in Calabar, for 800 naira.
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-32, Lanolin Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Olea Europeaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Parfum (Fragrance), Dimethicone PEG-8 Laureate, Origanum Vulgare (Oregano) Leaf, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot)Seed Oil, Cholesterol, Soluble Collagen, Tocopherol, Ovum (Egg Powder), Panthenol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 16035 (Red 40), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Equisetum Hiemale (Horsetail) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract.
- Water is the first ingredient.
- The alcohols on the list are the good kind. They are fatty, non-drying alcohols.
- This DC has humectants, Glycerin and Panthenol, they help moisturise.
- The protein in this is way down the list, so if you’re in need of a stronger protein treatment, I think you’d have to beef this up a little, add more to it.
- Mineral oil is listed as the third ingredient. The first five ingredients are deal breakers for me when I’m reading a product label. I don’t think I’d have ever put this product anywhere near my hair if not for the fact that my hair was steamed with this at a natural hair salon last year.